Service connections are connections to:
- The wastewater (sewer) network
- The water network
- The stormwater network:
Either a direct connection to the pipeline or outlet to kerb
How to arrange service connections to your property
The property owner, drainlayer, or contractor makes an
application to the Council together with an application fee for a
service connection. This can be done when applying for a building
- The Council gives approval for a connection and provides
network information for the use of the contractor.
- The applicant engages an Approved Services Contractor and
notifies the Council.
- The Approved Services Contractor arranges road opening notice
- After the work is completed the Council inspects and issues a
certificate of completion to the contractor with a copy to the
- The property owner then pays the contractor for the work done
after receiving the certificate of completion. (The Council is not
liable for any of the contractors costs)
Engaging a contractor
- It is the property owner's responsibility to engage an Approved
Services Contractor to do the work.
- The Council has a list of these contractors - only Approved
Service Contractors can be engaged.
- The property owner chooses the contractor they wish to
- Work cannot begin until there is approval from the Council and
the Council has been notified who the Approved Service Contractor
- All services being connected at the same time are to be done by
the one Contractor.
- All listed Approved Service Contractors have agreed to provide
connections to Council standards.
Payment of application fees to council
Payment can be made in two ways:
- Pay the full service connection application fee and inspection
fee when application is made.
- Pay the application fee only when the connection is applied for
and the inspection component when the approval is collected.
|One connection to network (sewer, water or stormwater)
|Two connections to networks
|Three connections to networks
|Stormwater to kerb connection only
|One connection to network (sewer or water) and stormwater to
|Two connections to network and stormwater to kerb
For all enquiries, please call the Customer Service Centre on 06