If you are having trouble finding a place that you can afford to
rent, consider these subsidised flats and
Community housing: 311 Council flats for superannuitants
and individuals on the supported living benefit in
The Council has rental accommodation for the superannuitants and
those recieving supported living payments . They are small
self-contained flats in 18 locations around Palmerston North that
- Privacy without isolation
- Easy access to shops and bus stops
- Carpets and blinds or curtains
Who is eligible to occupy these Council-owned flats?
- You must be 65 years or older, or be recieving Supported Living
- Your assets must not be worth more than $40,000.
- Assets exclude vehicle, household and personal effects and
prepaid funeral arrangements.
- Be deemed to have adequate support in place to live
safely in a council unit.
Rent is reviewed once a year (in April) and are usually
increased in July.
Weekly Rental - Superannuates
Large One Bedroom Unit: single person $112.00; couple
Small One Bedroom or disability unit: $94.00 per week
Bedsit: $89.00 per week
Weekly Rental - Supported Living Payment
$78.70 for a single person and $131 for a couple
We require 4 weeks rent for bond and 2 weeks rent in
advance for all housing
A Liaison service is also provided where the Property and
Liaison Officer visit tenants twice a year.
Community Housing Contact Information
Vicki McKeeman - Residential
Or call the Customer Service Centre (06) 06 356 8199
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org